Effective as of April 17, 2019 | Last updated January 22, 2020
Please note that the Sites are intended only for visitors from the United States, and our products and services are available only in the United States.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information you may provide through the Sites or otherwise communicate to us in connection with the Service includes:
- Contact and business information. We collect your contact details (such as your name, mailing and email addresses, and telephone number), and information about your farming business and related activities when you provide it to us through the Sites or otherwise.
- Correspondence. We may collect information about you that you include when you request information from us or otherwise correspond with us.
- User generated content. We may collect content or other information (such as your agricultural interests or practices, product testimonials, blog posts and associated pictures or videos) that you may provide through the Service or create when you interact with the Sites.
- Product information.We may collect information regarding what products you purchase from us or from our agricultural partners.
- Transaction information. We may collect transaction data about the products you purchase from us, such as your billing and shipping address, and order history.
- Job applications. Our Sites may allow you to submit an application for employment opportunities with us, which may include your resume, cover letter and other personal or educational information.
Information we collect automatically. Our servers and third party service providers may automatically record certain information about how you use the Sites, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, device and browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, the pages or features of the Sites that you browse and the time you spend on those pages or features, the frequency with which you use the Sites, the links that you click on or use and other statistics. We collect this information in server logs and by using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
To operate and improve the Service, including to:
- Operate, maintain, administer and improve the Service;
- Provide featured content on the Sites, including your experiences with our products and;
- Send you newsletters, product updates and other information you may request;
- Communicate with you regarding your use or potential use of our product or any purchases you make through the Service, including by sending you updates via text message;
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback related to the Sites and our products;
- Fulfill and otherwise service any purchases you make through the Service;
- Analyze our visitors’ and users’ needs and interests, and personalize experience with the Service; and
- Analyze use of the Sites to study trends and users’ movements around the Sites, improve the Service and develop new features and services.
To send you marketing and survey communications. We may send you surveys, newsletters or other marketing communications, but you may opt out of receiving them as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To evaluate on-farm trial program with growers. We may use your personal information to determine which farmers will participate in our on-farm trial programs for our products.
To conduct contests and promotions. We may use your personal information to administer contests and promotions that we conduct ourselves or with partners, such as cross-promotion of products with partner agricultural companies.
To consider your job applications. If you apply for a job with us, we will use your personal information for recruitment purposes, including evaluation of your application and skills, verifying your information, performing reference/background checks and communicating with you about your application. If you are offered and accept employment, the information we collect during the recruitment process will become part of your employment record. If you do not receive and accept an offer of employment, we may retain your application for consideration for future employment opportunities.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from our users’ information. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to understand and improve our Service and for other lawful business purposes.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); and (b) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
For compliance with law. We may use your personal information as we believe appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; and (b) where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation.
How We Share your Personal Information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services that help us with our business activities (such as customer support, payment processing, hosting and storage, website analytics, email delivery, database management services and legal and other professional advice). We authorize these third parties to access your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary for them to provide their services.
Business partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a product that may also be of interest or that co-sponsor promotions with us. We do not control how these business partners handle your personal information, which is governed by their own privacy policies. If you have questions about our business partners’ privacy practices, we encourage you to contact them.
For legal reasons. We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or to private parties for the purposes described above under the following sections: For compliance, fraud prevention and safety and For compliance with law.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in an email, or by responding to a text message with the word “stop”, “end”, “cancel”, “unsubscribe” or “quit”. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing communications, including transactional communications related to products you purchase through us and scheduled deliveries.
Update or correct your information. You may contact us at email@example.com to request to update or correct the personal information we maintain about you in connection with your use of the Service.
Targeted advertising. Some of our business partners that collect information about your activities on the Sites may be members of organizations or programs that provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
User Generated Content
We may make available on our Sites, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on our blog, in comment areas, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
Third Party Sites and Services
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our Sites. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through Sites, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all Internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.